Friday, May 20, 2011

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

1 bag frozen hash browns

1 large onion diced

1 green pepper diced

1 package diced ham

1 (8oz) package shredded cheese

1 dozen eggs

1 cup milk



for convenience (and the fact I hate washing dishes) I put a crock pot liner in the bottom. then simply layer....hash browns, 1/2 onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 package ham, 1/2 package cheese, then start over agian so you have two full layers. Scramble the dozen eggs with the 1 cup milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the layers. Slow cook for appprox 8 hours. Serve



Tips:

I have a LARGE crock pot so I double this recipe.

I also prefer to use colby jack cheese. it tends to add more flavor.

Know the heat of your crockpot. I know mine runs hot so I wake up around 1-2 to turn it on for 8 am breakfast.

Can be made earlier in the might so all you have to do is turn on the crockpot when it's time.

You can really add anything you want to this. Mushrooms, bacon, sausage....be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment